Imagine you're building a new home. You've carefully selected a builder, reviewed various styles of houses, scrutinized floor-plans, picked out cabinetry, flooring, paint colors, and lighting. Now it's time to break ground. You stop over to check on progress and you watch as things come together. With all that you have invested you dream of a solid, beautiful final product. The details will matter. You want a strong foundation, sturdy walls, electric and plumbing that adhere to code, and a stylish interior design. Once all those pieces come together you will be one happy home buyer!
eThink's "Build a Better Moodle Course" consists of seven modules, paired with 'webinar workshops' over the course of five weeks. Following a 30-minute kick-off webinar where we provide an overview of the sessions, participants will gain access to two modules at a time within a supplemental course. In the following four weeks, we will hold a 1-hour webinar to cover the key points of those two modules and hold an open discussion/Q&A session on those topics.
Webinar #1 (Kick-off) – June 11th at 1pm EDT
Webinar #2 (Setting the Foundation & Framing the Walls) – June 18th at 1pm EDT
Webinar #3 (Running the Electric & Designing the Interior) – June 25th at 1pm EDT
Webinar #4 (Communicating with your team & Tracking Progress) – July 2nd at 1pm EDT
Webinar #5 (Evaluating Quality of Work & Wrap-up) – July 9th at 1pm EDT
Participants can expect to spend approximately 2-4 hours per week between the webinars engaging with the supporting content and activities. By the end you'll be well positioned to construct your own well-built, long-lasting Moodle course!
Outline of Modules and Objectives:
Setting the Foundation
- Identify features and settings
- Understand course end dates and their impact on your Dashboard
- Acclimate yourself with your participants page
Framing the Walls
- Understand common activity and resource types
- Consider outside-the-box creation of content in your courses
- Dive into advanced usage of forums
Running the Electric
- Learn about the lesson module and consider ways to use it
- Explore the assignment module
- Ponder ways to assess and connect to your learners
Designing the Interior
- Explore the workshop module
- Consider using wikis for collaborative and creative learning opportunities
- Peruse the database module and think about what type of record keeping it could help you with
Communicating with your team
- Notice message and notification icons are displayed at the top right of your page
- Explore the preferences available in your user profile
- Consider the accessibility of your content
Tracking the progress
- Understand the capabilities of activity completion in your courses
- Use reports and logs to pull information on student progress and participation
- Incorporate restrict access settings to control content flow
- Build badges for your learners to display as proof of mastery
Evaluating quality of work
- Begin using feedback within your quizzes
- Explore your review options to control what information students will be shown during a quiz, immediately after completion, and after the quiz is closed
- Determine which grading and aggregation method(s) suit your needs
- Pull results and run various reports on your assessments
The cost for this five-week course is $199 per participant.
Contact us if you are a current client who needs a coupon code or if you want to request more information on bulk pricing for 10 or more purchases.