If you've ever nurtured a garden or watched a flower or tree grow you understand the key concepts that play into its success. Within this course we propose that your current SCORM content is the seed, and with the development of supporting content you'll be in a position "watch it bloom". After you complete this course and explore various Totara content types you'll be prepared to tend to a Totara course that well supports end users and presents a robust learning experience.
eThink's "Nurturing your Totara Courses" consists of eight modules, paired with 'webinar workshops' over the course of five weeks. Following a 30-minute kick-off webinar where we provide an overview of the sessions, participants will gain access to a few modules at a time within a supplemental course. In the following four weeks, we will hold a 1-hour webinar to cover the key points of those modules and hold an open discussion/Q&A session on those topics.
Webinar #1 (Seeding your course) – September 24
Webinar #2 (Surrounding your seedling) – October 1
Webinar #3 (Cultivating a prize winner) – October 8
Webinar #4 (Companion Planting) – October 15
Participants can expect to spend approximately 2-4 hours per week between the webinars engaging with the supporting content and activities, and working to cultivate changes in a course you have already designed or are managing. By the end you'll be well positioned to tend to your own thriving Totara course!
Outline of Modules and Objectives:
- Seeding your course with eLearning SCORM
- Understand common activity and resource types
- Consider outside-the-box creation of content in your courses
- Surrounding your seedling
- Learn about the lesson module and consider ways to use it
- Explore the assignment module
- Creating effective assessments with the quiz module
- Ponder ways to assess and connect to your learners
- Cultivating a prize winner
- Understand the capabilities of activity completion in your courses
- Reporting on learner progress and participation
- Incorporate restrict access settings to control content flow
- Build badges and certificates for your learners to display as proof of mastery
- Companion Planting
- Tracking course completion
- Combining courses into programs and certifications
The cost for this five-week course is $199 per participant.
Contact us if you are a current client who needs a coupon code or if you want to request more information on bulk pricing for 10 or more purchases.
eThink Academy reserves the right to cancel this offering due to low registration. This offering involves collaboration with the peers in your cohort in addition to your facilitators, so it is critical that we reach a viable number of participants to ensure you get the most from this experience. In the event a cohort is canceled, we can easily move you to an upcoming cohort of your choosing.