Imagine you're building a new home. You've carefully selected a builder, reviewed various styles of houses, scrutinized floor-plans, picked out cabinetry, flooring, paint colors, and lighting. Now it's time to break ground. You stop over to check on progress and you watch as things come together. With all that you have invested you dream of a solid, beautiful final product. The details will matter. You want a strong foundation, sturdy walls, electric and plumbing that adhere to code, and a stylish interior design. Once all those pieces come together you will be one happy home owner!
eThink's "Build a Better Moodle Course" is designed to help you build upon your existing foundation of Moodle knowledge and skill. This course consists of seven modules, paired with 'webinar workshops' over the course of five weeks. Following a kick-off webinar, where we provide an overview of the sessions, participants will gain access to two modules at a time within a supplemental Moodle course. In each of the remaining weeks, we will hold a 30 minute webinar to cover the key points of those two modules and hold an open discussion/Q&A session on those topics.
Webinar #1 (Kick-off) – October 7th at 1pm EDT
Webinar #2 (Setting the Foundation & Framing the Walls) – October 14th at 1pm EDT
Webinar #3 (Running the Electric & Designing the Interior) – October 21st at 1pm EDT
Webinar #4 (Communicating with your team & Tracking Progress) – October 28th at 1pm EDT
Webinar #5 (Evaluating Quality of Work & Wrap-up) – November 4th at 1pm EST
Participants can expect to spend approximately 2-4 hours per week between the webinars engaging with the supporting content and activities. By the end you'll be well positioned to construct your own well-built, long-lasting Moodle course!
Outline of Modules & Objectives
Setting the foundation:
- Choosing your course format
- Reviewing blocks
- Incorporating common resource types
- Selecting essential activities
Framing the walls:
- Understand the capabilities of activity completion
- Consider course connections to the Dashboard
- The power of duplication
Running the electric:
- Incorporate restrict access settings to control content flow
- Describe ways to assess and connect to your learners
- Recognize when the lesson module can or should be used
- Compare other activity types (h5p, workshop, wiki, database)
Designing the interior:
- Recognize the purpose of accessible content
- Identify crucial aspects of accessibility
- Evaluate your own content for accessibility
- Draw on the lessons, and/or personal experience to discuss ways workshop can be used to promote learner engagement
- Identify applications for the database activity
- List ways to efficiently and effectively use workshop and database
Communicating with your team:
- Acclimate yourself with your participants page
- Messaging capabilities & other course communication tools
- Understanding forum subscription
- Explore the preferences available in your user profile
Tracking the progress:
- Use reports and logs to pull information on student progress and participation
- Build badges for your learners to display as proof of mastery
- Determine which gradebook configuration meets your needs
Evaluating quality of work:
- Leveraging feedback within your quizzes & setting review options
- Quiz Statistics
- Providing audio and video feedback
- Advanced grading in Assignments and forums
The cost for this five-week course is $199 per participant.
Registration closes on the start date of this course on October 7th.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, are a current client who needs a coupon code, or if you want to request more information on bulk pricing for 10 or more purchases.
eThink Academy reserves the right to cancel this offering due to low registration. This offering involves collaboration with the peers in your cohort in addition to your facilitators, so it is critical that we reach a viable number of participants to ensure you get the most from this experience. In the event a cohort is canceled, we can easily move you to an upcoming cohort of your choosing. We do not issue refunds on payments for eThink Academy offerings.